This banjo was commissioned to be similar to my first Fretless Bacon-style banjo. Other than ornamentation, it is almost exactly the same. The only real difference is that my first fretless was an A Scale banjo of 24" and this banjo has a 25.5" scale.
The uniqueness of the Bacon-style I create is that the internal resonator can be removed with six brass screws, allowing for two distinct tones.
Materials for this banjo are:
- Hard maple neck
- Ebony fingerboard
- Ebony with wormy maple peghead
- Walnut rim
- Wormy maple internal resonator
- Hardwood tone ring (bubinga)
- Raw brass hardware (Bill Rickard)
- Brass tailpiece (Brooks Maston)